Friday, March 06, 2009

Classics Challenge 2009.

Lets try it again and see if I can actually do something this year. I failed miserably last year so here we go!

1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Catcher in the Rye COMPLETED 3/22/09!!!!!!!!!
3. One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich
4. David Copperfield
5. Anne of Green Gables

Future Classic: Atonement

I have been trying to read Madame Bovary and Anna Karenina, but the atmosphere is so depressing. Its awful to know how they both end, and I just cant make myself do it. Yet. Perhaps one day, I will wake up in the morning and think today is the day. I dont know. Maybe... I'd kind of like to revisit the Crying of Lot 49 after all these years. Thats a future classic in my opinion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about MB and AK. The sadness is too much for me in those books.

I love and adore Anne of Green Gables :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh but so many of those books on your list are so great--you must read them! :) Thanks for signing up for the challenge. Anne is a childhood heroine of mine and I loved To Kill a Mockingbird. Happy reading!